Monday, February 15, 2010

Welcome to week #3

I'm back, I'm back, I'm really back!

Sorry for the long delay in posting. I have an excuse to cover a couple days, but not an entire week. Forget excuses, though, I just have a great deal of catching up to do on this blogging thing! I'm going to split things up into a couple different posts to try avoid anything of an overwhelming length. Sound good? Great.

So traveling back in time now to...Thursday. Sometimes in the course of human events, one finds it necessary to 1) eat something hearty and somewhat American, and 2) not worry about making a dinner in a portion small enough for only yourself. A few of us Calvinites decided it would be fun to have a group dinner. Everyone pitches in a few euros to cover costs, a few of us cook, we all get to enjoy a delicious meal and each other's company. It's what Michael Scott would call a win-win-win situation.

Deborah, Anna, and I decided to make that crowd-favorite, chili. The best part about chili is that you can throw almost anything in (such as Heineken) and it will always taste delicious. Here you can see a little of our party in my kitchen:






































The guys DID show up, just after I stopped taking pictures (coincidence?). And sorry once again to Peter and Ed, since we ate almost all of the bread before they came!

In case I haven't explained it before: We all have our own rooms/bathrooms, and our own fridges, but on each floor everyone shares a common kitchen, which is where this chili-fest went down. Downsides of the kitchen include no ovens (goodbye, baking), and a general sense of messiness a lot of the time. Upsides include meeting and talking to people on my floor, actually having a working kitchen (which was not true in Calvin's dorms!), and the fact that, from what I've heard, my kitchen is one of the nicer ones out there. That is, it doesn't have any...X-rated posters, like some other kitchens may or may not have.

On that light note, you've reached the end of this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment