Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Designed for Dry Feet

That's the name of one of the textbooks for our Sustainability class. Kind of a funny name, right? Well, after a few days here and a few long walking trips, I decided that the shoes I brought along were NOT designed for dry feet. Sure, my tennis shoes are great for walking, and my boots hold up well against snow, but nothing I brought was prepared for paths like this:








































































Okay, so that last picture is not actually a path, but you get the point: Amsterdam is home to some MONSTROUS puddles. It didn't help that the snow we got this weekend half-melted yesterday to form wet, wet slush. Drastic action was needed. The situation called for

A MALL!!!!!!

I was only here for five days before I found one. And look at what the wonderful store of Taft Shoes had:

























Zebra, rubber, and water-ready. I don't know what your boots are made for, but mine are designed for dry feet. Bring on the peat bogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment